In our current education environment, test taking is more important than ever. It's not enough to learn the material; children must apply what they've learned to the standardized test by which their progress is judged. This title unlocks essential test taking skills which can be used to excel in testing. A must for anyone helping children understand the important thinking strategies in all test taking areas, Gruber's Guide helps you realize a child's true potential.
This is the only book that gives children the top test-taking skills, featuring:
- Development of critical-thinking skills that last a lifetime
- Specific preparation for the SSAT, CTBS, ITBS, CAT, ERB, MAT, PSAT, SAT and Stanford Achievement Tests
- Foolproof methods for zeroing in on correct answers
- Key math rules, concepts and shortcuts children need to know to take any test successfully
- Essential grammar rules and vocabulary lists required for all standardized tests
- Proven reading comprehension techniques
- Easy-to-learn strategies for reducing test-taking anxiety in children
- Practical methods for showing children how to realize their true potential
Gruber's methods are a true confidence developer for children. After working with Gruber's Essential Guide with their own children parents often wish that they had been have been exposed to this material when they were in school.
"His methods make the questions seem amazingly simple to solve."
"Gary Gruber is the most prominent guru of test preparation."
"Dr. Gruber is recognized nationally as the leading expert on the SAT and originator of the critical thinking skills necessary for use on standardized tests. His results have been lauded throughout the country and his personal presentation of his methods spreads 'contagious enthusiasm' like an epidemic with his audiences."