Mind Benders is a series of deductive logic puzzles. To solve them children need to carefully analyze each word and the precise meaning of the clues provided. This enhances reading comprehension and develops the type of reading for detail needed for testing.
Deductive logic is the skill used when one doesn't know the answer but uses the information provided to eliminate the obviously wrong and improve ones chances of guessing accurately. Deductive logic is an important skill for life.
Mind Benders are fun puzzles. Your child may not even realize they're working.
- Mensa Recommended Materials for the Gifted
- Practical Homeschooling Logic Award
- Practical Homeschooling Software Award
- Creative Child Magazine Preferred Choice Award
- Cathy Duffy Top 100 Award
- Learning® Magazine Recommended Resource for Successful Teaching
- The Well-Trained Mind Recommended Resource for Logic and Critical Thinking
"The best logic puzzles we've found are in the Mind Benders® books." Recommended! -The Well-Trained Mind
young detectives on the path to better problem-solving skills. These
books, new additions to the deductive reasoning series, help develop the
logic, comprehension, visual tracking, and mental organization skills
vital to student success." -Learning™ Magazine, Resources for Successful Teaching
"Mind Benders® sharpen organizational and informational processing skills as well as strengthen reading skills." -Merrilee Defoe, Reviewer